ftlaudbob
(Storm Chaser)
Sat Jul 16 2005 10:51 PM
people in Playa

Been comunicating via email with my friends in Playa del Carmen.People there are very laid-back , But today it seems to have really hit them that they could lose there town.Some are heading to Merida some will be staying with me here.This was one of the fastest growing towns in the world,but still there are no buildings over 3 stories.Already you can not buy any booze,this is the law there when a hurricane watch or warning is issued.Sadly to say there will be many deaths there.The whole area is about at sea level.Storm surge is going to be the real killer.My first quests from there arrive here late tonight.There are alot of americans that live and work there.Looks like they need a big favor from the man upstairs,to stair this away somehow.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center