Sher
(Registered User)
Sun Jul 17 2005 11:27 AM
Grand Cayman-Good morning!

...and what a good morning it is! Emily stayed way south, further south than forcasted. Highest sustained winds 35MPH experienced around 0300EST. Currently winds around 25 out of the East with light rain.
Electricity stayed on all night. Curfew still in place. Understand waves have come across Pedro Bluff inland 1/2 mile. Waiting for curfew to be lifted before being able to assess.

I have enjoyed reading the forums for about a month now, and look forward to continuing to participate.
Our thoughts are with those folks in Mexico now.
We anticipate business as usual tomorrow--(I have to get all my staff back who we evacuated Friday!)
Cheers

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center