Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Jul 17 2005 03:23 PM
Re: Emily Gets Stronger

OK. Taking into account the latest recon, and looking at the sat images, at first I thought what a mess, Emily is falling apart. Then I looked at the visual, and it seems to me that the tight inner core, now smaller, is still looking organized and good. Before, when Emily reorganized, she left a lot of the stuff on the edges behind, and the inner core emerged and grew into a nice round clean storm. I think this is what is happening now. However it is looking like she won't get more than 12 more hours to reorganize with the higher speed. So it will be interesting to see how soon it takes her to start getting her act together again and how fast she may intensify before landfall.

It is interesting to try to understand what is happening, but of course I have no technical background in meteorology so it will be helpful if any of the moderators can provide the technical detail about what is happening now and what we can expect to see in the next 12 hours.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center