Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Jul 17 2005 10:44 PM
Re: Emily Gets Stronger

Cool. I was looking for the Cuba radar too but couldn't find it.

Dumb moment: Actually I did see the link to the Cancun radar...but you had said Cozumel, and when I saw the word Cancun for some reason I kept thinking it was Cayman and that radar wouldn't show anything right now. Too many C words huh.

I just read in the last hour somewhere about the second eyewall but can't remember where I read it, but yes you can definitely see it. Well it'll be a race to see if Emily can reorg any more before hitting shore. Even if not, it appears that the eyewall is still going to pack a pretty hard punch.

Just checked on buoy 42056 and sure enough wave height 32 ft and wind just under 60kt gusting to over 70kt. That was about as intense as I thought it was going to be, but maybe not since wind isn't coming out of the SE yet.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center