Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Jul 18 2005 12:02 AM
Re: Emily Gets Stronger

Well this may be going out on a limb but ever since awhile ago when the outflow started looking so good, it seems like Emily was on a roll again. Now it seems like this is the case, because the eyewall replacement which has been trying to happen for the longest time is completing, and I think there are enough hours left for the conditions to improve in the core. I am thinking a very very small but powerful center will result before landfall, but everywhere else, not much punch. Now it looks like one of the recon flights is targeted to arrive after the others and to hang around in the area for some hours, so perhaps there will be up-to-date readings of the environment around the core right up until landfall around 11 tonight.

Well I'm gonna post this and go track down the 8pm update!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center