Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Jul 23 2005 08:46 AM
Re: Franklin, the Little Storm that Could

Good morning all. Thank you MikeC for the Franklin links at the bottom of the post.

What a droll morning: another great title for a new thread, everyone got their wish that Franklin would discuss Franklin ("Franklin...the storm...not the forecaster...has become a little better organized overnight ... It is quite possible that little or nothing will be left of Franklin...the storm...not the forecaster...in 2-3 days."), and visions of 'Lil Phil from the south (picture someone large like a linebacker) have faded into the night.

Maybe the 2005 season will also be remembered as the season with great opening lines in NHC discussions.

Seems like it's going to be a wait and see kind of weekend?

Here's to hoping the white noise level stays low ("What are the chances Franklin will hit Florida?" "I'm planning to go to the beach on Sunday and want to know if I should worry?" "Is it possible Franklin will hit Florida and cross the Gulf and go over my house located in the FL panhandle?" "What are the chances that Franklin will hit Florida, cross the Gulf, and then come and provide some much-needed rain to my back yard?" "What are the chances that Franklin will hit the Carolinas?" "Is it starting to move a little west?" "Looks like it hasn't moved at all" "Is it moving NE?" "Is Franklin going to follow the same path as Jeanne?" "I think Franklin will do a Charley").

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center