Ron Basso
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jul 23 2005 10:22 PM
Re: Franklin, the Little Storm that Could

Quote:

Looking at the WV loop, either the East coast trough is going to miss Franklin or the closed ULL over Florida will open up and become part of the East coast trough and then kick Franklin to the NE or something else could happen. Really tough to call.

Looks to me that the trough to the north will pass Frankie by...A high pressure system is anchored off the Georgia coast and the ULL in southwest FL is sliding off to the S-SW...I think this high will expand eastward and block Franklin from moving northeast & actually push the storm to the southeast and then south..It may be starting to happen now...I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a clockwise loop and starts heading southwest in a day or two..however, with the north-northwest flow aloft from the Georgia High...I'm not sure what kinda of system will be left..the storm will be badly sheared

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center