HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Jul 24 2005 03:07 AM
Re: TS Gert is born - earliest ever for the 7th name storm

hmm.. there's gert. danged thing didn't form like i was guessing, so my prog up to texas will end up being crap. franklin is still undecided as to the future track... northerly shear is really kicking in but the storm is still coupled. since the shortwave is passing perhaps now franklin will stall and then start getting pushed around the upper ridge.. or maybe keep drifting east. i don't see that the next shortwave is all that impressive either, so not certain... still think franklin can turn back at this point.
if the storm decouples and the mlc generates a new surface low... i dunno, they might rename it. probably, after t.d. being considered the same as bonnie after almost vanishing as a wave last year.. and ivan's 'ghost' circling back into the gulf. it's one of those weird cases... nhc would play it however it chose to interpret the situation.
1011mb low nearing 50w is still buried in the subsidence, but i've got a hunch the environment will allow it to organize as it rolls steadily closer to the islands. wave behind it at 30w low amplitude and not all that impressive right now. gert might be it for july... still a week to get through though.
HF 0807z24july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center