Spoken
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Jul 27 2005 07:09 AM
Re: Franklin Continues, Waves Across the Atlantic

Hmmm… now I have a different concern. While it's comforting to know that this TUTT is unlikely to become the mother of all hurricanes (in as much as that's precisely the sort of thing it's working against) could it ever become the mother of all garden hoses?

It looks to me as if a portion of the 'missing moisture' is occasionally watering the Everglades. And thus Franklin might not actually have to turn around to cause problems for interests in Florida and elsewhere. He might merely need to prime the pump - for a fire hose, so to speak - through which a significant portion of the various 'big waves' end up getting sprayed (here and there, so to speak).

I mean, whatever moisture Franklin didn't end up getting would still seemingly have to go somewhere, and seemingly rather quickly, if this TUTT feature keeps siphoning off seemingly so much of the stuff from so many different places. Sorry if I seem like an alarmist but this is still new to me. Plus I'd hopefully always care about another community's major issues.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center