scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Wed Jul 27 2005 01:37 PM
Re: Watching..Waiting

Joe B i have been watching for years. I watch him cause hes a Met.. and loves the weather. He picks out anything that the models show might pick up on and any thunderstorm areas so he cant be wrong if 1 does develop. Hes usually off by where storms make landfall cause he uses his landfall points to hope a storm goes there so he will be right. Im 1 who doesnt believe in the tele-connect. Thing is ridges might be the same in the teleconnect but there are diff sizes and shapes of ridges. Last example was with Franklin, Joe B tried to show why he thought Franklin was going west compared to the Typhoon in the Pacific. Thing again was the ridges were diff. Also he looked at the wrong system in the Pacific. He is generally right about 1/3 of the time of landfall within 100 miles of 3 days out.
I do watch him cause again I love the excitement he puts into the weather forecasting. I like some of his other ideas also. I would say its worth watching him also for entertainment in what he does. Overall I would say Joe B is a good guy and good tropical forecaster. I just differ on the teleconnection thoughts and he tries to get his systems to hit his charted areas for the season.
92L still should be a system to watch as it moves towards Puerto Rico by Saturday. I say Thurs thunderstorms will consolidate more and a plane might check it out on Friday if that happens. After moving into the SE bahamas by Sunday-Monday it will slow down. Too far in the future after that cause a trough will swing off the east coast and it might just meander there for a couple days.

scottsvb

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center