Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 27 2005 02:02 PM
Re: Joe B

>>Anybody else have Joe B's broadcast drop off in the middle? I get to the section where he asks about east coast storm history, then it stops....

I had the same problem yesterday. Today, I clicked on Yahoo's link and switched my connection speed to low broad-band and got the whole thing. He basically just talks about 99, 95 and 54 and says that's where the linkups are with the remainder of the '05 season although the Gulf is hardly closed. He upped his landfall intensity totals beyond last year's actuals and +/- tripled his insurance damage to $12-18B.

The better video today was the tropical update. He's focusing on the ECMWF with 92L and believes it will be a Gulf storm. However, he also cautioned for two homebrew developments first, one in the NW Gulf (behind the front in E TX) and another off the mid-Atlantic between Franklin and the coast. What I could get was that TX was suspect as was NC/VA from those two systems.

As for 92L, ridging should be in place to carry it pretty far west. The question to me is (assuming development) whether it gets hung up in the Islands, hits Florida, or stays in the water and comes under the ridge into the Gulf. If it's the latter, it's probably another MS/AL/NWFL system unless ridging builds in to the north in which case it would be westbound.

The recap is to watch for the two homespun systems this weekend and look for 92L in the middle-of-next-week timeframe.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center