Ryan
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Jul 27 2005 10:31 PM
Re: i was kidding

Quote:

I am no MET, in fact i am a total novice about hurricanes, BUT, if i lived in/on Long Island, C.T, R.I, or Mass, i wouldn't be worried about hurricanes. Since Gloria, how many storms have you had hit there? I mean really, how many direct hits has LI, NYC, or any other New England city taken in the last 20 years? I am sorry if i am sounding like this, but i live in Florida which means pretty much every wave that comes off the African coast is of major concern to me and my family. I wish i lived on LI or any where in the northeast. You don't know how lucky you are. So please........perhaps you could tone it down a notch or two. In my defense, i and others on this site have a heck of a lot more to worry about as far as hurricanes are concerned. Just sit back and relax, maybe go out to Montauk Point and take a swim in that warmer water. Sorry for the attitude, but this is almost like a billionaire complaining that he didn't hit the lottery. If this post is to be removed, so be it and i understand, but i just had to say something. Do others on here feel like this guy from LI is over reacting a little?

BTW - Gloria's eye passed right over my house in Winsted, Connecticut. I was 12 years old. The storm blew down an apple tree in our yard and we never lost power.

seriously i wouldnt be on here if i didnt care dont think storms dont affect me

hurricane andrew destroyed my apartment outside of miami and jeanna tore the roof of my condo..dont tell me that i shud relax i have a house in orlando and a condo in stuart that jsut got fixed from jeanne so scuse you for tlaking like that becuase i shud worry just as much and dont think i dont have any symptahy are you kidding..my family would have been ruined if we didnt evacuate before jeanne tore the rook off..i mean my life aint so sunshine and roses buddy

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center