damejune2
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Aug 01 2005 08:28 PM
Re: Don't count 92L out quite yet (and a few other tidbits)

Ok....I believe in what you say, afterall, you know more about this stuff than me, but why isn't NHC saying anything remotely close to what you guys are saying? They pinned all the waves 92, 93, 94 as goners.....you guys are seeing circulation, LLC's, convection, etc....i am totally confused. The NHC is supposed to keep us informed as they are the prime outlet (as this site's disclaimer says) for information. Is the NHC not telling us something or are you guys just totally guessing? I want to make some plans for the upcoming week. The NHC basically says to go ahead, it's safe. You guys are saying there is still possibilities these waves could turn into something worse. I am not doubting you guys or anything, but why is the NHC not picking up on what you are clearly seeing on radar and sats?

well, you as the reader have to decide for yourself whether the ideas espoused by other forumers or the mods/admins here are on the mark. the nhc does a very good job sometimes, and other times they screw the pooch. the real advantage they have over anybody here is objectivity... on here we just tend to say 'it'll do this' or 'its going to get stronger'... and remain ambiguous about just how so. that and they understand things better, have better tools, albeit they don't tend to share reasoning as much as deliver dumbed-down for joe q public (and generic stuff for the newsies to cut and paste into their stories) forecasts. some nhc forecasters have gotten better about including reasoning into the discussions in the last couple of years. that's why everybody here tends to like stacy stewart.. even if he's a little gung-ho at times.
-HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center