scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Tue Aug 09 2005 01:47 PM
Re: Irene...

I wouldnt worry about florida or the east coast till maybe tomorrow evening if she is still under 24N and 60W. I said here last week that with everyone and the models taking this out to sea near 50 W that it could stay weak and move more west then by mid-late week (this week) that we could find a strong system or hurricane just east of the bahamas near 70W. Well I think it will be now Friday but still we dont know if it will get under that ridge off the Se U.S. For now expect Irene to move wnw (possibly reorganizing her center with the midlevel low to her east) and taking a path towards the NW by Weds and heading towards bermuda.
I do agree with JB that she should become a storm again and if she does stay south and heads for the Bahama area then it will become a hurricane and strong 1 at that....For now, the option of heading towards the bermuda area is the best bet until later tomorrow we will see.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center