Rick on boat in Mobile
(Weather Drama Guru)
Tue Aug 09 2005 10:30 PM
don't mean to be an alarmist...if I am..sorry

I am NOT predicting an Andrew hit...only the possiblity of one...if it is alarming to think about it...I'll also put something in there about the odds are infinitesimal for it to occur, which they are...however, I feel global warming and the fact we are in an increased period of activity all warrant looking carefully at these things...I would hate to make people fearful for no reason. I never said an Andrew storm was imminent..only that it is going through the same things Andrew did...but I am a complete novice....

Joe Bastardi was alarmed about it...and that's what I got it from. He noted the
possibilities...and if it makes you fearful, I am sorry...I didn't mean to throw unnecessary anxiety on anyone. I like exploring all the possibilities...but realize inside it could do a lot of things...ya know?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center