Steve H1
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Aug 11 2005 03:51 AM
Re: Long post...bear with me!

Clark, what do you see as her current heading? most of the convection is wrapping from the southeast side of the storm, giving the appearance of a NW movement. Is this a true NW movement, or is the center moving from east to west under the "wrapping convection." I'm interested because of the effect of the ULL she is nearing. If there is a weakness, I believe Irene needs to take advantage of it now (and might be doing so) as she's strengthening. there may only be a smal window for her to go out to sea, as the ridge builds westward during the next few days, and there is a "handover" to a ridge building in from the west. IMO she needs to make it to 28N by Friday night to get out of dodge, and that would mean a fairly hard NW motion. If she stays on a WNW course <290 "til saturday, she ain't going north of 32N. Cheers!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center