Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Aug 11 2005 11:26 AM
Re: Long post...bear with me!

The biggest difference with this year and Floyd is we have such warm water temps off the mid-atlantic that the storms might not weaken as much before landfall as they move north.

It will be interesting to see whether Irene shucks the models that call for a northward turn yet again...for some reason, given Irene's history, anything that calls for it to go north I look at warily. Irene just doesn't like the term "north."

Being along the Chesapeake Bay myself (albiet well up the bay), I'm watching Irene's track very closely.

--RC

P.S. - Clark: Thanks for that great post about the models! That needs to be archived somewhere

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center