scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Thu Aug 11 2005 05:34 PM
Re: EPAC

The system in the E Pac isnt going sw also. Its moving slowly w or wnw but the CDO has shifted to the southside of the storm.
Now with Irene..
I still think there are 2 centers that are elongated to each other. 1 is near 25.5N 64W and the other is elongated to the se of it near 24.5N and 63W. I think the original low slowed down yesterday due to the midlevel low catching up with it. Pulled it in closer and slowed down its movement. Then last night the LLC started N then NW as the midlevel low went by to its N and W. This morning the LLC has been swung around and excellerated to the WNW of the mid level low ( that is trying to be the main center). The NHC mentioned that its hard to pinpoint a exact center with this. Also they said its elongated. You might of rememberd over the last couple days they had a hard time with this and also questioning the speed yesterday. Well I told ya what I feel what happend with the speed, now we have to look at the models.
If this is elongated and we have 2 centers fighting for position...then we will have a hard time getting this above where its at right now. Lets look at what the future might bring on.....
We have the models UKMet and Nogaps taking this to the NW then N to near CapeCod. Meantime we have the Canadian and GFS showing a much weaker system and possilbe open wave heading more w towards Florida or Georgia.
The Nogaps Ive always liked the best and is probably right. But can they both be?
I would come to a compromise and say the 1 center will eventually take over and become the better defined 1. That should be the former mid-level low and it will be the 1 the Nogaps and Ukmet show moving along 70-72N and near CapeCod. The original lowlevel center will be tossed out as a LLvortex and move w or even wsw towards florida and the bahamas. Not sure if it will develop more or not with alot of sinking air with the ridge off of the Carolinas down the Bahamas.
Anyways thats my thoughts of whats been going on and what will happen. They shoulda put recon in there today but they didnt.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center