MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Fri Aug 12 2005 03:12 PM
Re: It's all what the ridge and the Cold front do

Quote:

Mike, are you saying that the out-to sea- is the most logical? Or are you saying that ACCUWEATHER is inaccurate in their reporting on Irene. I too like Joe Bastardi, he gices a great detailed forcast, but must admit, he too can be wrong in his forecasting just as everyone else can be. But looking at all the different trends we are seeing from all the models, who are we to believe in the final outcome of Irene without a RECON?

I wouldn't believe anyone except the NHC, Especially me. I hate hurricanes and I'm not a met, there are others on here that are though. I just write from my own perspective. I just don't like to jump on short term things without something to back it up. Keep watching Irene, take in thoughtful commentary about what's going on, and make your own decision is about all you can do.

To add, from what I can tell looking at the Water vapor satellite images, it's just a flare up on the west side (that quickly petered out), the center is still moving northwest. Recon will help a great deal on verifying this.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center