Ryan
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 20 2005 01:38 AM
Re: Don't look now but...

Quote:

Amazingly enough i agree with Ralph....i think the wave will stay south of Florida. I too hope it stays south of here and heads into the GOM. We don't need any more coming here - we've had enough.

Question for mets or anyone with more knowledge than i which is pretty much anyone here: Why wouldn't terrain in Haiti and the Dominican Republic hinder developement of a tropical wave and or depression? The terrain there could do wonders to tropical storms and hurricanes, but nothing else; why?

i can't answer your question damian but i can agree with your thoughts, i think x-10 may develope into a TS at most but im gonna agree with the models on the fact that if we have something, it won't be for a while. I think we will have a couple days or so to prepare for the annual active time period from sept 3-12.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center