Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 19 2005 09:58 PM
Re: Don't look now but...

Quote:

sports affiliations do not matter when it comes to hurricanes. believe it or not, a hurricane will deliver punishment to you regardless of whether you are a bandwagon yankees fan or a bandwagon red sox fan. or a half drunk dumb redneck braves aficionado like me. now, if you're a good samaritan who sympathizes with hapless teams like the royals or rockies you may be immune to this fact. or not. i think God will be merciful upon the big red machine. heheh.
it's a dumb cliche... the topic is tropic.. it really is, but it's true in cfhc territory. quit whining about somebody who made you feel insecure because they insulted your sports team. last time i checked this is not the central florida red sox haters center. hurricanes are our business. bring it.
HF 0145z20august

That's right , bandwagon... the word that's never used to describe Reds fans. Long suffering? Yes, that's frequently used. Bandwagon, not unless there's a Reds fan saying... they blew the lead again?? Somebody run over me with a band wagon.

In fact, I don't even put up plywood anymore. If a storm threatens, I just hang up a big Reds banner. Sometimes I even hang a Bengals banner next to it for good measure.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center