native
(Weather Guru)
Sat Aug 20 2005 02:55 AM
Re: Don't look now but...

Way too much testosterone in the threads guys....chill out & let's keep it on topic...which is tropic. Thanks HF for trying to put a kabosh on it....

When I think of XTD 10 and the persistancy of it to hang onto life (similar traits to others before it this year) it's unbelievable. Like they say...:it must be something in the water." I'm sorry but, I don't rememer (translation: I'm too lazy) as to who posted their concerns with XTD 10 remnants or whatever it may be/become entering the GOM...I saw a stat yesterday the the SST off of Tampa/St. Pete area was 89 degrees! Yikes...that's high octane stuff there. I'll see if I can hunt down that link again and post later. And yeah, it's weird how this thing keeps reinventing itself while we're all sleeping. You never know what you're going to wake up to...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center