Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 20 2005 04:05 AM
Re: Undramatic Pause

I gotta say, x-TD 10 gets my award for the most resiliant system. I guess you'd almost have to call it "spunky." I'm not met, and I'm too ignorant an amateur to be able to give much of an opinion on if it it is organizing, but I am quite capable of looking at IR (any imbecile can look at colors, I guess ). After what it looked like yesterday, I'm amazed it has ANY convection at all. I can't imagine this developing into much, but just it's persistance is incredible. Perhaps the scheduled recon flight tomorrow will be justified after all. I don't forsee a depression out of this, but if 15 hours from now it's maintained some of this convection, perhaps we'll have to reexamine the possibility of it eventually attaining minimal tropical storm strength. First though it better get an LLC, and I just don't see it now. Nice convection... but no circulation=no cyclone.

IR: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center