Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Aug 20 2005 06:43 PM
Re: THings I'm watching

Steve, I hate to say it but the only thing I see turning on that sat image is a land-locked low just north of Lake Superior. Even X-TD-10 isn't rotating right now, which is a change since yesterday when it was rotating, albiet very slowly.

However, I've been watching the African wave for a day now (since just before it left the coast). Conditions are ripe for it to grow, with only shear as an issue. Moist air is growing moister ahead of it. SAL is weakening. The models support development, which is rare - models rarely pick up on non-closed lows and develop them very well. SST's are quite warm, especially near the US coast where they are extremely warm! I don't see much that will impede development as long as it stays toward to the south of most of the shear.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center