Ron Basso
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 20 2005 08:09 PM
Re: THings I'm watching

Quote:

Well, the feature has been able to maintain thunderstorms for some time now, just not in any organized fashion. It looks like, though, that ex-TD10 might have spun up a mid-level circulation, but the convection will have to maintain itself for some time yet to come before it becomes something really to watch again. Conditions are favorable for something to happen, so I guess my proclamation of it being dead might be premature...only by a little for now.

I did notice a large anticyclone has built over the top of the cloud mass. Numerical models are still not bullish on development. Looks like a good rain maker next week for the peninsula with the wave bumping into the trough coming down from the north. From earlier post, the water temp 100 nm west of Bayport is 89 deg. It's 87 deg at the bouy in the SE gulf at 26N-86W.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center