Clark
(Meteorologist)
Thu Aug 25 2005 03:12 AM
Welcome

For those new to the boards, welcome! It's quite an active evening here -- we've had quite an active day already, with almost 300 posts in the course of the afternoon and evening hours. This will probably keep up through the weekend, but don't get lost or discouraged, say, if your post gets quickly sent back a page or two -- trust me, people are still reading it and a reply (if you asked a question) will be coming!

I hope you'll find the information here useful. Powered by Skeetobite's maps, users with a multitude of links and useful information, the professional meteorologists who post their thoughts here and on the blogs, and a leader (Mike) who puts a lot of time into making this site the best it can be, I think you'll find that Flhurricane.com/the CFHC has just about everything you need for informative and knowledgeable hurricane discussion. So please, feel free to jump into the conversation -- make sure you read the Forum Rules first, though! -- and welcome aboard.

The thoughts of many of the mets and other posters on this board can be found in this thread as well as the previous thread, in the blogs on the main page, and in the Storm Forum. Feel free to check those out and post a question if you have one, whether to the main board, appropriate thread, or via PM.

Those of you in the path of Katrina, please stay tuned to the NHC & local authorities for information regarding preparations and potential evacuations. The path and intensity of this storm as it crosses Florida and heads for the Gulf is still highly uncertain, making vigilence a key attribute at this time. We'll add information through the next few days to help you make those plans, but do remember -- always follow the advice of those in charge and recall that this site is an unofficial source.

Once again, welcome to those new to the boards -- and welcome back to those who haven't been here in awhile (however you may define it; for myself, it's 15 minutes; for others, it may be 15 months!).

-Clark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center