firestar_1
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Aug 25 2005 11:09 PM
Re: se wv loopy

Quote:

Well none of the models show that nor the NHC so what do you see (link) that shows a reason on it going north soon and no later then 24 hours?

You might what to look at the link LI Phil posted and check the speed and direction of movement of that high in question. I also check steering currents and pressures. I have been tracking typhoons and hurricanes since my first typhoon in 1970...most of the time I get lucky...or like with Charlie unlucky....sometimes I can find solid data before hand and see something.....but normally post analysis puts it all together....and as a side note.....find your own darn links.......

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center