Terra
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 27 2005 03:00 AM
Re: Katrina's Forecast Track Shifts West, Northern Gulf Needs to Watch

Quote:

[I think you know this already, but in case someone else doesn't, XTRP is simple extrapolation of the current motion and speed...it's NOT a model.

I can hope, can't I.... unfortunately, I am aware of that, but I really like the idea and was hoping that we could wishcast it that way. The current NHC scenario is not favorable for me, and I'm a little concerned. This is especially true when reading comments like this from the discussion:
KATRINA IS FORECAST TO MOVE DIRECTLY OVER THE WARM
LOOP CURRENT OF THE GULF OF MEXICO...WHICH IS LIKE ADDING HIGH OCTANE FUEL TO THE FIRE.... KATRINA CONTINUES TO MOVE STUBBORNLY TOWARD THE WEST-SOUTHWEST... and my personal favorite: THIS CLUSTERING INCREASES THE CONFIDENCE IN THE FORECAST.

When you live in southern Louisiana, you just don't want to see these things....

I knew YOU did, but our more casual readers might not know that...just wanted to clarify...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center