Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Aug 27 2005 05:55 AM
Re: are the Models out to lunch?

Quote:

I was looking at a two hour long range radar loop out of Key West on a pay site. It sure seems like forward motion has slowed. Anyone else seeing this?

No, in fact it seems to be cruising now although it was nearly stationary for a short time earlier this evening.

It is wobbling and so I think it is intensifying. On the 2:45Z, 3:15Z, and 3:45Z it jumped WNW and then an equally big jog almost due S. It is looking even better on sat now around the eye. I can't wait to see the recon results and the 2am update (which should be real soon).

2am update showed incremental increase in intensity which I am assuming is extrapolated until the recon (which if very different could result in a special update?) - pressure drop 2 more mb to 963mb, windspeed increase 5 more mph to 110mph.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center