Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 28 2005 06:10 AM
Re: Oh NO!!

Wife's at work until 7 or 8 am. We're stuck until later in the day because she's going to have to sleep and we ain't sitting in hours and hours of traffic. I guess I'm starting to consider ramifications a little more as you guys have some convincing arguments.

scotts,

I live in kind of an exclusive section of Metaire called Old Metairie which is a mix of up to multi-million dollar homes, really old 900sf homes and older homes like mine (1953) that have been added onto. We're in an isolated subdivision but I think most of the criminals know where the pickins' are. I don't have anything but all those doctors and lawyers that live in this neighborhood kind of lay out the welcome matt for everyone else should looting take place. Funny thing is, my house (assuming viability of the city) would be worth far more demolished than standing due to the high land value ratios for the old houses (mine's probably 65% land). I could build something twice as nice for the proceeds (not that I want all my stuff to get destroyed).

If at all possible, I'm going to try to crash before 3am so I can wake up early enough to get all the crap done that I put off today.

I'll check back a few more times before bed.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center