HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Aug 28 2005 03:15 PM
ramifications

this hurricane has the potential to impact our economy like none before it. we may lose a major port/trade/distribution center for the south and central part of the county tomorrow... katrina is probably going to shut it down. the city is likely going to be unlivable for some time... sizable refugee problem. cities like biloxi and gulfport will likely experience significant damage as well. this hurricane will probably lap andrew and set the bar a great deal higher.
offshore oil production is going to be way down as well... we may lose a platform or two. new orleans is a major refining center as well... so get ready for $3 a gallon gas.. it's coming soon, says my dad.
by the way, i talked to steve the other night. i think he'll leave... he knows the score.
HF 1515z28august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center