mbfly
(Weather Guru)
Sun Aug 28 2005 04:06 PM
Re: Wind Directions

Quote:

A friend in Mobile just asked me a question regarding wind direction...
Could someone qualified please take a gander at what direction folks in Mobile can expect wind from
Thanks in advance!

-Cara

I can tell you that right now, we are getting some pretty good gusts of wind out of the southeast. As a matter of fact, it's almost as windy now as I remember seeing it here for Dennis and Cindy. I guess the worst of the wind will depend on the track of Katrina and weather or not she stays far to the west of us. No doubt, we are in for some nasty weather here regardless. It looks like the first rainbands are just south of us. My hubby just got back from Dauphin Island, and the water is already up a lot there............... and it's not even here yet !

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center