LisaMaria65
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Aug 28 2005 05:31 PM
Re: Category 5 Katrina Winds to 175MPH

Actually, Lafayette, La is not within the cone. We are just to the left a bit.
I am also in Lafayette. IF it continues on the path that experts predict, we will more than likely experience rain and some tropical storm winds. If you life in an area that is prone to flooding, you might want to prepare for that. Power outages will be likely, at least in my area, off Verot School Road. Every time we get a minor thunderstorm, we seem to lose it.

You might want to remove light items that are outdoors that could blow around and you would want to make sure you have some bottled water in case of power outages. I don't see a need for evactuaing unless you live in a mobile home, however.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center