LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 28 2005 02:50 PM
Re: super dome built when?? in 1970s?

It's an old building. Have very little faith in it... for something like this. One strong microburst in the vicinity of the Superdome ala Andrew except here a microburst would be what??? 215mph? 220mph? One small vortex with twisters and you tell me that place is a safe place to store thousands of poor souls with no where to go?

Should be a way to get them out of the city..anywhere but there.

Thanks for article. Read it before and that was really why I asked because I would think someone has done studies to see what it can withstand ... just don't think it's a good plan.

Prayers to everyone there and if you had more hard data on any studies done..like to see them.

Also.. anyone have any good sites with links to localized water temps to see if there is anywhere there that the water is cooler than other places.. any chance it will go down in intensity just a little?

lastly... read however that the pressure dropped.. again.

so much for all of us thinking she had leveled off on intensity

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center