Sportsfreak1989s
(Registered User)
Mon Aug 29 2005 09:27 PM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

Well we just now heard from our family in Grand Bay, Alabama (about 20 miles south of Mobile, about 6 miles from the coast line)... First off, half of my grandpa's barn's roof is gone/ "disappeared". My grandma and grandpa's shed has exploded. It litterally exploded due to their water pipe being under their shed. My uncle's "shop" is almost gone. My aunt, who did have a stroke 3 days after Dennis, her roof on her house is off in patches. My other Unlce's roof is gone, as in you can see the sky all through their house. My cousin's mobile home in Bayou La Batre is under water; the only thing viewable on it is the very tip of her roof. Well as for me in Lafayette Louisiana, I have had a few tree branches down in my yard and basketball goals blown down but thats about it. But thankfully they are fine, and hopefully many many more people are also fine.

The video all over TV has been making me sick to my stomach lately. Just seeing all these helpless people's homes under water, demolished to the ground, etc. is making me sick.

I hope and pray that every single one of ya'll are safe and are also fine. I am deeply praying that people ranging from New Iberia, Louisiana all the way to Panama City, Florida if not further are also safe.

Has anyone else heard from their family that have been effected by this storm? If so I hope they are fine.

God Bless All, and I would like to thank this wonderful site on the constant updates and keeping me informed so well about this monsterous hurricane. Thanks and God Bless ALL....

-Andy

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center