LisaMaria65
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Aug 29 2005 11:26 PM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

Quote:

I am wondering if anyone has any news about 3 areas in particular that, it seems to me, are most at risk of catastrophic damage and loss of life (and coincidentally happen to have been wonderful places): Grande Isle LA, Pass Christian MS and Bay St. Louis MS. The news reports constantly refer to Biloxi, but these two MS locations were closer to the eye and the eye probably passed right over Grande Isle when at it's strongest on land. I fear they could have been nearly wiped out. Anyone know?

I hate to think of the possible damage in Grand Isle.
I don't know about Pass Christian.

A reporter getting back to Mobile said that when she got to the Bay St. Louis exit on I-10, it was closed. She said the flooding there was Unreal. She had a video clip of that area...the water was almost all the way up to the top of the Red Light which she said is over 10 feet high. It basically looked like a lake right off of I-10.

That is all I've heard/seen.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center