garrison
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Aug 30 2005 03:55 AM
Re: Piecing New Orleans Together

Excellent summation of the NO area, I dont know whether you folks have had an opportunity to listen to the interview of Jeanne Meserve who went out into one of the flooded areas, but it apparent that she was witness to many awlful thngs. As we sit here now, it appears that the water levels in some, if not many areas of NO are continuing to go up.

Folks this is going to be an epic catastrophy just for NO, thet is going to get worse in the coming days. We havent even heard yet from anywhere near LA landfall was made near the mouth of the Mississippi. From Slidell to Gulfport, we know very little, and I gotta say based on that being the epicenter, I fear many souls have lost their lives today, much more than the 50 number we have recently heard.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center