Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 30 2005 04:50 AM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

"By 6 p.m. on Monday, looters had shifted to heavy lifting. Young men exited the Coleman’s clothing store on Earhart Boulevard, struggling under the weight of fully laden cardboard boxes and plastic bags.
When flashing lights appeared in the distance, a man in an orange jersey shouted “Police!,” and dropped his box in Earhart’s lake-bound lane. He splashed across the opposite lane, tripped and fell in knee-deep water, then ran toward the B.W. Cooper housing development.
As the sun set, four young women slipped out of the Magnolia Discount convenience store on South Carrollton Avenue and loaded pilfered boxes into a waiting car. One woman waved at approaching vehicles." -- From Clark's New Orleans Blog Update site earlier.

From the sounds looks like increased looting. Same problem as after Andrew. Scum of the earth. There is no lower form of a human being than a looter. Earlier Gov. Barbour of MS said that he would treat looters "ruthlessly." I hope they kill them all... painfully.

Also looks like the I-10 linking St. Tammany and Orleans parishes over Lake Pontchartrain is pretty severely damaged. I'm not versed enough in New Orleans geography to know if this is the main bridge or not, but regardless it will cause a lot of headaches and make it nearly impossible for folks to get back.

For those of you who missed Clark's excellent post earlier, this is the link I got these stories from.
Click Here for the Stories .

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center