ralphfl
(Weather Master)
Tue Aug 30 2005 06:07 AM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

The thing that gets to me is so many lost life because they would not leave.In Florida i know the same would happen also im sure but to hear now on TV about 2-3k maybe dead.All loss of life that could have been averted if people would take these things serious.We get on here and disagree about a path of a storm but NONE on here ever say stay in your home it will be ok.

We all know too well when the cone is on you get out.I hope this serves to tell people that nature is not to be messed with.This storm did not come out of the blue they should have got all those people out ahead of time but i know you cant force them all but it is so sad to see scores of death because people would not listen.

Reminds me of another story but not for this thread.

My sorrow goes out to those who lost family members.And even the pets so sad.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center