CoalCracker
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Aug 30 2005 06:41 PM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

Unfortunately there will always be some low lifes who take advantage of someone else's misery. I prefer to talk about the police, fire, EMS, National Guard, Red Cross and other volunteers who put others above their own needs. God Bless Em. We're going to see an outpouring of help from all over our country. And it's not just the government that's going to make this work--it's going to be the average American citizen who has and will always step forward when a national crisis occurs, and this is a national crisis. We're the children and grandchildren of "The Greatest Generation" and we'll continue their legacy of commitment, unselfishess and sacrifice. As a symbol of my support for all those Katrina affected and our unity in this time of crisis, I put the Stars and Stripes up this morning. It'll stay there a while.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center