wannabemet
(Registered User)
Tue Aug 30 2005 03:42 PM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

Been a reader for quite a long time. My ex-wife lives (or now USED to live) in Gulfport, MS about 1 1/2 blks from the beach. Pretty much can guarantee her new townhouse is gone. I've been unable to reach her, but spoke to her mother. She hunkered down with her best friend in Gautier, MS which is near Pasagoula. Said she has never been so scared in her life, and she is leaving Mississippi as soon as she can. They were in a brand new house about 1 1/2 mi from the Gulf, and the roof almost came off. But they sound like they (luckily) came out OK.

Unrelated news...gas is about to go through the roof. I suggest everyone go and "top-off" their tanks NOW. Latest news from AP...gas in Gulf states is wholesaling at $3.15 a gallon, and they usually have the cheapest in the country.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050830/bs_nm/energy_gasoline_prices_dc_4

God bless those on the Gulf Coast....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center