Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 30 2005 07:43 PM
Re: Katrina Aftermath

GOOD NEWS about the martial law.

Saw an article earlier that talked about looters walking right by Nat'l Guard troops and cops. Upon further review of the various articles and first hand accounts, the incredible scope of the problem forces me to stand by my earlier statement. Looting deserves consequences. Particularly the looting of things ther than food. No excuse. Especially during a time of crisis. The problem is at such a level that the drastic measures I mentioned earlier are perhaps justifiable. Such a shame that some people lack the decency to appreciate the fact that they're alive and are foreced to add insult to injury to the entrepreneurs of New Orleans.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9131493/
This tale of a woman watching the looting sums things up. Denise Bollinger, a tourist from Philadelphia, stood outside and snapped pictures [of the looting] in amazement.

“It’s downtown Baghdad,” the housewife said. “It’s insane. I’ve wanted to come here for 10 years. I thought this was a sophisticated city. I guess not.”

Another article I feel that is a must read. Numbers

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center