Big Red Machine
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 31 2005 02:47 PM
Re: storm tracks

Did anyone hear the CEO of the largest EMS and ambulance company in Louisiana on CNN? According to him, hospitals are virtually being "taken over," their command center just had the generator stolen off of the back of it, they've had an ambulance turned over ( what satisfaction do these people get out of rioting?), he says that they have to somehow get 100 babies out of a hospital as it is too dangerous in the city (I assume the same one they attempted to loot last night) and they expect tonight to be even worse. He was pleading for help.

It's amazing how this scenario resembles life after a nuclear bomb blast in the book Alas, Babylon (set right here in Central FL). In the book, they raise the problem of junkies looking for a fix unable to get it wreaking havoc trying to find something. With the number of drug users in N.O., I would be frightened if I were a hospital worker. From the sound of the man during the interview he was frightened. According to him, the Guard troops and police in the city are expecting the ambulance company and hospitals to take care of themselves?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center