JoeF
(Registered User)
Wed Aug 31 2005 07:20 PM
Re: Levees

Longtime reader first time poster. I have held back an now want to respond to this situation. The Mayor of New Orleans was well aware that it takes approx. 72 hours to evacuate New Orleans. They were being told this storm was heading towards them before that time. An evacuation order was not ordered. Approx 40-48 hours out the NHC is begging him to evacuate. He still does not order the evacuation. 24 hours out the President tells him he needs to. An evacuation goes in place less than 24 hours before this storm comes in. That is unaccepatble to me. Yes people by common knowledge need to make educated decisions but I still cannot get this out of my mind. They have been warned for so long that this was gonna happen. It seems as if they have never even planned for this. I pray for the people that have lost loved ones and the ones like me that have still no word on loved ones. I think some heads need to roll on this one and hopefully some hard lessons have been learned.

Frustrated and concerned,
JoeF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center