Takingforever
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Aug 31 2005 09:05 PM
Re: Levees

Dennis, Ivan....Both of them were pretty much the same as Katrina with NO being in the Cone of error. Look what happen there.

This is what happens when forecast is so cloudy up to the last 72 hours. Hell I didn't even know it was up to 175 MPH till Sunday afternoon. This was right after the day before on Saturday afternoon on TWC people where saying it wasn't that bad and that they been through Ivan last year and then Dennis and that the forcast didn't even have any rain or that streong of wind in the forcast....

These where people in MOBILE. So yeah you can blame who ever you want to for what happen, but the NHC goes through the same stick with Dennis and Ivan, and only we weather nerd really saw the true danger of this monster through the press released that I doubt 80% of the people read i nthe first place.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center