bamffl
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Aug 31 2005 10:39 PM
Re: New Orleans is a Tough town

Mods, I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I just got the following from my cousin. He was in Mobile Bay and is okay, but his buddy (listed at the end of the email) lost several friends and employees, in addition to his home, business and marina. They are turning right around though, and going in to help with the recovery efforts (FEMA approved.)

Here's his email, but his phone call went into a *whole* lot more detail...

Quote:

To anyone with access to a sea worthy boat.

There is an crucial need for access to a 25 to 36 foot center console boat with twin engines and large fuel capacity to be used by a credentialed search and rescue team that will run from any departure site from Perdido key to Mobile bay to be used for recovery and delivery of life saving goods to southern Plaquemines parish LA.

Our ability to communicate with FEMA and local officials has been severed by destruction of infrastructure and an inability to access the area via land routes.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Darren Angelo - Please contact and leave a message if the call goes to voice mail at 251-895-1403.

Edit:
BTW, feel free to PM to verify the validity and sincerity of this effort.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center