Mongo
(Registered User)
Thu Sep 01 2005 12:03 AM
Re: Fuel

There are several reports of $3.99 - so some stations in ATL are taking advantage of a bad situation, but my sister in Alpharetta filled up a couple hours ago for $2.69. CNN made it sound like gas in Atlanta is over five dollars across the city - clearly not true and TOTALLY irresponsible reporting (considering where CNN is based) that will just lead to more panic and hording, thus causing some shortages.

EDIT: I see that http://atlantagasprices.com now has a report of $4.99/gallon. Of course, there is also a report of $0.06/gallon now posted. Whether that report of $4.99 is true or not, the fact is that there are still many stations in Atlanta who are not price gouging. The governor of Georgia has also come out and said that there will be consequences for gouges. PLEASE do not contribute to the madness regardless.

I just drove 15 miles back home from pub and saw gas ranging from $2.89 (now out of gas) to $2.99 mostly. However, a Shell station right by my house has regular listed for $3.99, which is up from $2.89 just 2.5 hours earlier. That is one station that is gouging us and is one station that will never be frequented by me again.

I know this is irrelevant next to the horrors being experienced by folks in Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama, but it is still maddening that greed is so rampant. Grr.

Brian

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center