GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 01 2005 03:55 AM
Re: september time

My son just got home here in Lakeland at 3:30 a.m. he says that he had to wait in line for 20 minutes to get gasoline and that in the east side towards Bartow, the stations were out of anything but the high priced stuff and there were still lines. It is starting to look like we will be out of Gasoline by tomorrow morning. Unless the city transit system runs on diesel, that option of public transportation will be gone soon as well. I am not speculating on how long it will take for that because I know nothing about gas supplies or what kind of engine runs on what. I do know that many, many people in our city are totally reliant on public transportation, from the city bus to the chauffers from airports to the mini-buses for the handicapped and assisted living facilities in the area. It is almost 4 in the morning and I am sitting here thinking that people seem to manage to get themselves transportation to all sorts of fun time activities and spend thousands of dollars on concert events, football, baseball etc. I wonder about the ingenuity that is available to take on the activity of getting homeless housed, hungry fed, and needy transported in the unaffected areas of our country. As for the subject of the gangs and the non-destitute looters, I hope that the US military regard those criminals as public enemy number 1 and quarantine them like they did the accused Al quaeda at Guantanamo. If they are forced to live with themselves and each other confined from the enjoyments of life, the punishment might be better than being shot on sight which is another alternative in my personal opinion.

One more comment on this and I will relinquish the spot to others who need it, but I urge any of you who have any influence with the news media to ask them to downplay the "excitement" of the gangs and looting etc. This type of behavior spreads like wildfire to bored teenagers, and other functionally handicapped people. The more press it gets the worse it will get. If the press promotes the possibility of being shot on sight doing criminal behavior, it will send a message that it is unacceptable and not romantic to be dying while trying to heist an ATM.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center