Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 01 2005 10:12 PM
Re: NBC Nightly News interview of FEMA Dir. Brown

I come to this board for lots of reasons and I realize others have theirs as well, but just want to say while I understand how it may feel good to vent, what happens for me as a reader is that it really brings me down, when I am coming here for some perspective and breathing room.

I don't mean any post in particular or tonight in particular, but the last couple days have been hard on all of us, and this has been reflected in the board, with angry posts spinning things up faster than an August hurricane in the loop current (I just love how truly hoaky that sounds).

We all wish we could do something about the situation; anything except having to sit and watch it play out. But if the board continues this way, I suspect we may possibly be without a board. The mods are more stressed out than us, because they have to deal with us! So give them a break.

As for my posts, I am sorry that I cannot focus at all on any new storms or invests. I'm still trying to get rid of the personal demons brought on by Katrina guilt. But I'm happy for those that do want to, and hope they don't mind my posts in return.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center