WXMAN RICHIE
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 05 2005 08:18 PM
Local Mets. take

Based on GFS and analysis.

A weak low pressure area showing up as a swirl on the Miami radar near Andros. The latest upper air and looking at GFS reveals that this low will slowly drift Northwest the next few days as high pressure to the north will remain in control this week. The mid to upper flow is South to Southeast with a cyclonic circulation at 700mb and below. What we can expect
is increase in frequency of some bands of showers and imbedded thundershowers moving onshore tonight and continuing Tuesday and even longer period. A wet period may be in store with heavy downpours at times the next few days at least.

This system needs to be watched although now it seems rather weak and on the GFS a few mb's pressure drop between now and the next day or so and some organization to a depression could easily lead to a significant rain event for our area. So, in short
looks like a wet one folks and windy with strong pressure gradient between this weak subtropical low off Katrina's tail end of a wet/dry wind shift front and strong high over New England. This is what I was talking about last week with a significant rainy weather pattern this new work week after the labor day holiday today. Rotations etc in some of these squally brief showers as this weak low begins a slow transition to a possible depression. Stay tuned to the latest NOAA broadcasts and local weather network stations on this possible potential flooding situation from this tropical like system. I am sure NOAA is keeping an eye on this system in the Bahamas..I do not see this just going north but more Northwest slowwwwlllly

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center